Thursday, April 23, 2009

Never Forget

Hi Friends,

Over the last three days, I have been learning a lot about the Holocaust. With the 21st being Holocaust Remembrance Day, the 28th being Oskar Schindler's (Schindler's List) birthday and May 1st being the day of German surrender, it's been at the forefront of a lot of our minds, I am sure.

I happened on a website that really opened my eyes. A gentleman took a tour in 1993 of the sites of the camps in Poland and took many pictures of how they stand today. He relays his personal stories of his encounters with the people and the overwhelming feelings and sites he experienced.

Many things stuck out in my mind, but nothing more so than the end of his story on his last day.

If you have the time or the inclination, it is an amazing read. I would encourage you all to read through it and learn, as I did.

http://remember.org/educate/intro.html#table

Never Forget.


Anteroom to the gas



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home